Thursday, November 12, 2015

Happy 21st Birthday!

My niece Maria is turning 21 today!  She is the sweetest girl and so hardworking.  She is studying to be a physician's assistant, and all she does is study or work during her off times.  I wanted to make a special card to celebrate the occasion.
 
I recently purchased this margarita die and it was sitting on my desk waiting to be used.  I thought it would be a cute card for her.  I die cut the glass from pear paper (Maria loves green) and found the perfect pattern paper to go with it.  I die cut some numbers from different fonts and adhered one of them behind the shaker so it would be stationary.  Then I added some sequins and the other numbers I die cut.  The ribbon is actually from a Christmas set, but I thought it looked festive on the glass.  I added some star dust stickles on the rim of the glass (to resemble sugar) and the piece of fruit.  The inside of the fruit has some glossy accents on it to make it look juicy.  The sentiment finishes it off.
 
I loosely followed the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch.  You can sort of see where I was going with it, right?
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Deck the Halls and Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, pear pizzazz, marigold morning, Kioshi (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Marigold morning, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Margarita shaker die (Avery Elle), Deck the Halls die (PTI), Number Time Trio die (PTI), Banner Trio (WP9), sequins, star dust stickles, glossy accents, acetate, Wink of Stella, dimensional tape, corner rounder


Photobucket

1 comment:

Lynn said...

So fun Lisa! I'd like one of those cocktails! Happy 21st to your niece!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin