Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Papertrey November Blog Hop Challenge

The Papertrey November Blog Hop Challenge this month is focused on snow.  I've experienced an entire season of snow last week here in Buffalo, NY!  But we love it and believe it or not, it's almost gone!  This is the photo I chose as my inspiration.  It looked so much like Buffalo last week!  Snow can be so pretty!
 
I've been organizing my stamps and dies recently and I've come across some things I didn't realize I had or forgot about!  One of them was this snow drifts die.  I saw a this card done by Kay Miller and I just fell in love with it and it inspired me to create this one.  I die cut it from white cardstock and the little trees from green cardstock.  I pulled out those snow drift pieces and sponged the rest of the piece with distress inks.  Then I put it all together, added the sentiment, the gold star, white snowflakes and star dust stickles.   I wish I would have embossed those snowflakes so they showed up better. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Stylish Sentiments: Holiday (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, garden green
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, tumbled glass and salty ocean distress inks, delicate gold, fresh snow
Accessories:  Snow drifts plate die, star dust stickles


Photobucket

5 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty and glad you are okay!! :)

Patti said...

This is so pretty!! I have had that die plate on my wish list I need to move it to my shopping cart!!

I was born and raised in Lockport. I have a lot of family in NY : ) so sorry to hear of all your snow! I live in northwestern, Wisconsin now and we've had our share this year too!

Stay warm : )

Patti

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful inked scene!

~amy~ said...

Love the inking and the glitter!

Gerrina said...

This card looks super! Great sponging and the shapes from that die are perfect snowhills. Inky greetings, Gerrina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin