Sunday, November 9, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #250 - Faith Based

The Christmas Card Challenge this week is to create a faith based card.  I don't have many, but I did find an old stamp SU stamp set that I thought would fit this challenge.
 
This set is called Holy Triptych and there are three images you can use.  I chose this angel because it was the easiest one to color!  I stamped the image with Archival ink on water color paper and water colored it with distress inks.   Then I stamped the frame (which includes the flourishes) in Versamark and embossed it with gold powder.  I added the gold ribbons to the tag.  The gold panel was run through an embossing folder and adhered to the pattern paper.  The sentiment was also stamped in Versamark and embossed in gold.  I added some Wink of Stella to the wings, which can't be seen in the photo.
 
You can see more inspiration from the design team in the Christmas Card Challenge blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Holy Triptych (SU)
Paper:  Vintage cream, Brioche (Memory Box), water color paper
Ink:  Archival jet black, Versamark, tattered rose, spun sugar, scattered straw, and tumbled glass distress inks
Accessories:  Gold embossing powder, gold ribbons, embossing folder, dimensionals


Photobucket

4 comments:

sandie said...

Love how you added the flourish and your colouring is stunning. Hope you are well x

Marsha Reed said...

Beautiful card, Lisa. Love the angel.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and the image.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin