Thursday, August 7, 2014

Time Out Challenge #11 Reminder

We are into our second week over at Time Out Challenge.  This challenge is Celebrations with an optional twist to use butterflies. 
 
I chose not to use the butterflies on my card this time around.  (I did use a butterfly on my card last week which you can see here.)   I used a chevron stencil and black embossing paste to create my background.  This die set was staring me in the face with the word celebrate on top!  Serendipitous, I tell ya!  I cut it out of green cardstock and adhered it to the base with glossy accents.  Then I pulled out some silver and green (yes green, they don't look it) mini sequins and adhered them to the base as well.  Super simple card.  I was impressed at how fast the black paste dried as well.

I'm playing along with CAS-ual Friday's last challenge for 2014.  Apparently they are taking a break, but are returning in 2015.  Their challenge is a tic-tac-toe one.  I've chosen the top row:  chevrons, black, and sequins.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Paper:  Neenah white, green galore
Accessories:  Chevron stencil (Simon Says Stamp), Accent It-Celebrations die (MFT), black embossing paste (Dreamweaver), sequins (Pretty Pink Posh and Studio Calico)

Photobucket

3 comments:

sandie said...

Wow Lisa this is so bold, the colour mix is perfect and I do love the chevron base. Sequins are so hard to photo and show their exact colour, still I only have a few colours! Have a good day x

Gerrina said...

These chevrons look great! Like the fresh green; it gives the design so much beauty! Hugs, Gerrina

Lynn said...

What a cool graphic card Lisa!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin