Sunday, July 6, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #32 - Tags!

Hi all!  This week we have a challenge over at Christmas Card Challenge that I love...make tags!  I don't know what it is about tags, but I just love making them!  I made two using the same technique, but they look so different.
 
This one I made with more traditional colors.  For the background, I used a hounds
tooth stencil and covered it with red and green distress inks.  Then I spritzed it with water and laid it onto the watercolor paper, blotting the excess ink.  Next I die cut the red frame and the watercolor paper middle piece.  The tree was stamped in the same red and green colors then spritzed with water to soften the image.  I added the banner, sentiment, and seam binding ribbon.

This one was created in the same manner, except with pink, blue, and lilac distress inks and a diagonal stripe stencil.  Love the non-traditional colors!
 
You can see more from the CCC DT at these blogs for more inspiration.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Polka Dot Parade #9 (PTI)
Paper:  Watercolor paper, real red, pink pirouette
Ink:  Fired brick, mowed lawn, spun sugar, shaded lilac, evergreen bough, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Tag Sale #10 (PTI), diagonal stripe stencil (SSS), hounds tooth stencil (MFT), seam binding, Wink of Stella shimmer brush, dimensional tape
 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Gerrina said...

What a difference in another colour!
Both look beautiful! Hugs, Gerrina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin