Saturday, November 23, 2013

Just Us Girls #216 - Photo Inspiration

My favorite Just Us Girls challenge is the photo inspiration challenge, and this one is fabulous!  Vicki always manages to find the most amazing photos for these challenges.
 
Just take a look at this photo!  Isn't it so festive?  So many inspiration possibilities!
 
I was so inspired by the red stripes, the stockings, the blue, and the polka dots.  The stripes on my card were created using a Wendy Vecchi stripe stencil and Festive Berries Distress Ink.  I just applied the ink with a blending tool and it really came out so clean and crisp.  I die cut the stockings from white cardstock and pattern paper then layered them together.  The tops of the stockings were run through my Xyron machine then I applied Clear Rock Candy Distress glitter on top.  The dots on the bottom are just a strip of the pattern paper, and I stamped the sentiment below.  I added some red crystals for more bling.
 
I followed this sketch from Clean & Simple Sketches.

I have forgotten the last two weeks to mention our November Guest Designer Nancy Penir.  I am so sorry for Stylibeing so remiss because her last two creations were absolutely fabulous.  Please make sure you check out her blog along with all of the JUGs DT blogs below.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Stylish Sentiments: Holidays (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Neenah white, 'Tis the Season (MME)
Ink:  Festive Berries Distress Ink, real red
Accessories:  Precious Stockings die (Memory Box), Yikes Strips stencil (Wendy Vecchi), Clear Rock Cancy Distress Glitter, Xyron machine, red crystals
 

Photobucket

7 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your background looks great, I thought it was dp until I read your post! Love the hanging stockings. I think I need to get some stencils.

Cheryl said...

Love your card, Lisa! you pulled the exact colors from the inspiration piece! What are the strings at the top of the stockings, they almost look silver?
Love everything about your card!!
Have a good weekend!!

Lynn said...

Oh I love the inspiration photo and the polka dots on your card are so happy. Love them!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I want this stencil -- those stripes are beautifully executed!! You have a fabulous inspired creation~ well done!

Marisa said...

Simply adorable, Lisa!! LOVE the stockings and the bold stripes, not to mention the cute bows for the stockings to hang from.

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a cute card! I love the red and white stripes....gonna have to get that stencil. lol Love the stockings too. Great take on the challenge.....lovely card!

Nancy said...

Wow...if those stripes are a stencil...I am impressed..so evenly stamped!!! Great card Lisa...we both like dots it seems! Love the bows too! How did you do those???

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin